AV Labor Portland, Oregon Stagehands
Stagehand: AV Labor Stagehands are integral to the success of a corporate event, trade-show, and other events. Stagehands provide general labor who assists in load-in, set-up, strike, and load-out. Stagehands are NOT AV Techs or L2’s. Their main role is to assist with laborious tasks, such as stage building, set piece placement, truss placement, case pushing, cable runs, scaffold building, and heavy lifting of various equipment that doesn’t require having tools.
Video Tech Services, a respected AV Labor company that provides AV staff, crew and labor for all types of events in Portland, is looking for Stagehands in Portland. If you work in other cities we service, we’d love to meet with you. We’re always looking for excellent, self-motivated, hard working AV labor to add to our workforce.
A successful Stagehand is one who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Assist with the loading and unloading of materials such as props, etc.
- Is able to assemble and take apart props, etc.
- Assists with set up of lights, microphones, and other items needed for production
- Can easily move and rearrange furniture
- Assists with building stages and sets
- Can construct and paint set pieces
- Help to ensure props are present for each scene and taken away when asked
- Works with all departments of production
- Can assist carpenters
- Helps to ensure a safe and clean environment
- Is able to lift heavy machinery
- Is an effective communicator and problem solver
- Takes direction well and works well under pressure
- Helps all departments to ensure a safe and spectacular production
If you are interested in working with VTS as a Stagehand in Portland, or another city, please fill out our form and let us know where you live so we can meet with you and learn more about your expertise. We’re excited to work with qualified Stagehands.